Right of access
You may request a confirmation from the data controller as to if personal data relating to you is processed by us.
If such a processing occurs, you may request information from the data controller regarding the following data:
- the purposes for which the personal data is processed;
- the categories of personal data that are processed;
- the recipients or, respectively, the categories of recipients, to whom the personal data relating to you have been disclosed or will be disclosed;
- the planned storage period of the personal data relating to you, or, if concrete specifications cannot be given, the criteria for determining the storage period;
- the existence of a right to rectification or deletion of the personal data relating to you, a right to restriction of processing by the data controller or a right to object against this processing;
- the existence of a right of complaint to a supervisory authority;
- all available information regarding the origin of the data, if the personal data is not collected from the data subject;
- the existence of automated decision-making including profiling pursuant to Art. 22 (1 ) and 4 GDPR and – at least in these cases – meaningful information regarding the logic involved as well as the scope and the intended effects of such a processing on the data subject.
You have the right to request information on if the personal data relating to you is being transmitted to a third country or to an international organization. In this context, you may request to be informed about the appropriate guarantees pursuant to Art. 46 GDPR in connection with the transfer.
Right to rectification
You have the right to rectification and/or completion towards the data controller if the processed personal data relating to you is incorrect or incomplete. The data controller shall carry out the rectification immediately.
In the case of data processing for scientific, historical or statistical research purposes:
This right to access may be restricted insofar as it probably makes the realisation of the research or statistical purposes impossible or seriously affects them, and the restriction is required for the fulfilment of the research or statistical purposes.
Right to restriction of processing
You may request the restriction of processing the personal data relating to you under the following conditions:
- if you contest the correctness of the personal data relating to you during a period of time that enables the data controller to review the correctness of the personal data;
- if the processing is unlawful and you refuse the deletion of the personal data and request the restriction of use of the personal data instead;
- if the data controller does no longer require the personal data for the purpose of processing, but you need them for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
- if you have objected against the processing pursuant to Art. 21 (1) GDPR and it is uncertain if the legitimate reasons of the data controller override your reasons.
If the processing of the personal data relating to you has been restricted, this data may only be processed (except for its storage) with your consent or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of substantial public interest of the European Union or a member state.
If the restriction of processing has been carried out according to the above-mentioned conditions, you will be informed by the data controller before the restriction is removed.
Right to deletion
Obligation to delete
You may request from the data controller that the personal data relating to you is immediately deleted, and the data controller is obligated to immediately delete such data, if one of the following reasons applies:
Information to third parties
- The personal data relating to you is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed.
- You withdraw your consent, on which the processing pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (a) or Art. 9 (2) (a) GDPR was based, and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
- You object pursuant to Art. 21 (1) GDPR to the processing, and there are no primary legitimate reasons for the processing, or you object pursuant to Art. 21 (2) GDPR to the processing.
- The personal data relating to you has been unlawfully processed.
- The deletion of the personal data relating to you is required for a legal obligation pursuant to Union law or the law of the member states, to which the data controller is subject.
- The personal data relating to you has been collected with regard to offered services of the information society pursuant to Art. 8 (1) GDPR.
If the data controller has disclosed the personal data relating to you and if he is obligated to delete them pursuant to Art. 17 (1) GDPR, he shall take appropriate measures, including technical measures, taking into account the technology available and the cost of implementation, to inform data controllers responsible for the data processing who process the personal data about the fact that you as the data subject requested from them the deletion of all links to this personal data or of copies or replications of this personal data.
The right to deletion shall not apply, if the processing is required
Right to information
- to exercise the right to freedom of speech and information;
- to fulfil a legal obligation which requires the processing pursuant to Union law or the law of the member states, to which the data controller is subject, or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller;
- for reasons of public interest in the area of public health pursuant to Art. 9 (h) and (i) as well as Art. 9 (3) GDPR;
- for archiving purposes, scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes in the public interest pursuant to Art. 89 (1) GDPR, insofar as the right mentioned under para. a) probably renders the realization of the purposes of this processing impossible or affects them seriously, or
- for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If you have exercised the rights to rectification, deletion or restriction of processing against the data controller, the data controller is obligated to inform all recipients, to whom the personal data relating to you has been disclosed, about this rectification, deletion of the data or restriction of processing, unless this proves to be impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed about these recipients by the data controller.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data relating to you, which you provided to the data controller, in a structured, common and machine-readable format. You have also the right to transmit this data to another data controller without any hindrance by the data controller to whom the personal data has been provided, as far as
- the processing is based on a consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR or Art. 9 (2) (a) GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR and
- the processing takes place by means of automated processes.
When exercising this right, you also have the right to effect that the personal data relating to you is transmitted directly from one data controller to another data controller, insofar as this is technically feasible. The freedoms and rights of other persons may not be affected thereby.
The right to data portability does not apply to the processing of personal data which is required for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller.
Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of personal data relating to you pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (e) or (f) GDPR at any time for reasons resulting from your specific situation; this also applies to any profiling based on these provisions.
The data controller may no longer process the personal data relating to you, unless he is able to prove compelling legitimate reasons for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If the personal data relating to you is processed to undertake direct marketing you have the right to object to the processing of the personal data relating to you for the purpose of such direct marketing at any time; this also applies to profiling, insofar as this is related to such direct marketing.
If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data relating to you will no longer be processed for these purposes.
You have the possibility to exercise your right to object in connection with the use of information society services – regardless of directive 2002/58/EC – by means of automated processes which use technical specifications.
Right to withdrawal of the declaration of consent
You have the right to withdraw your data protection declaration of consent at any time. Withdrawing the consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing that has taken place until the withdrawal due to the consent.
Automated decision on an individual basis including profiling
You have the right not to be subjected to a decision based exclusively on automated processing – including profiling -, which has legal effects on you or significantly affects you in a similar way. This will not apply if the decision
- is required for the conclusion or performance of a contract between you and the data controller,
- is permitted pursuant to legal provisions of the Union or of the member states, to which the data controller is subject, and these legal provisions contain appropriate measures for the protection of your rights and freedoms as well as your legitimate interests or
- is taken with your explicit consent.
However, such decisions may not be based on special categories of personal data pursuant to Art. 9 (1) GDPR, unless Art. 9 (2) (a) or (g) GDPR applies and appropriate measures for the protection of the rights and freedoms as well as your legitimate interests have been taken.
With regard to the cases mentioned under (1) and (3), the data controller takes appropriate measures to protect the rights and freedoms as well as your legitimate interests, to which pertain at least the data controller’s right to obtain the intervention of a person, to express the own point of view and to contest the decision.
Right to complaint to a supervisory authority
This data protection information will be regularly adapted to the current functions, technologies and applicable law. This will occur at irregular intervals. The data privacy statement provided on the website at any one time shall be applicable.